- 200g spinach/palak (washed thoroughly)
- 2 cup wheat flour
- 2 finely chopped green chillies
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp cumin seeds/jeera
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Wash spinach leaves, dry them and then chop them finely.
- Take a large bowl, add flour & chopped spinach leaves to this.
- Add ginger garlic paste, cumin seeds, green chillies, onion, salt and oil and mix well.
- Knead the flour using water. The flour needs a to a be a little firm here as compared to chapati. Cover the dough & aside for 30 mins.
- Post 30 mins, knead the dough again using your hands greased with a little oil.
- Now make balls for paratha as per your desired size. Dust with flour and roll it as you make chapati. You can make this round or triangular as desired.
- Heat a tawa and spread oil using a brush.
- On low-medium flame, place paratha on tawa and let it roast on one side.
- Spread oil on the open side of paratha and then flip it. Gently press on sides in between and flip till it is perfectly crispy.
- Your healthy Spinach/Palak Paratha is ready to be served. Enjoy with curd, pickle, chutney or butter as desired.
Do not use too much water while preparing the dough. Around 1 cup of water shall suffice as we need to keep dough a little firm for this.
Ensure you keep dough aside once prepared before making parathas otherwise it won’t turn out well.