Semolina (Rava) Omelette
enjoy this omelette loaded with veggies for your next breakfast
Ingredients (serving — 2 people)
- 2 cup rava/semolina/sooji
- 1 cup curd
- 1 small carrot (finely chopped)
- 1 small capsicum (finely chopped)
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 1 medium tomato (finely chopped)
- 3 tbsp corn (boiled)
- 2–3 green chillies (finely chopped)
- Fruit salt eno
- Take a large bowl and add rava, curd & mix well.
- Now add around 1 cup water, 1 tsp salt & mix well. Ensure there are no lumps. Keep this aside for 20–30 minutes.
- Add all vegetables to the batter — carrot, capsicum, corn, onion, tomato & green chillies and mix well.
- To make one omelette, take around 2 ladleful of batter in a bowl, add 1 tsp eno & 2tbsp water & mix well.
- Heat a pan and spread some oil. Spread the batter on the pan.
- Cover and cook for 3–4 mins on low flame.
- Spread some oil on top & then flip to the other side to roast for 2–3 mins.
- Repeat steps #4 to # 7 for each omelette.
Ensure you put the rava & curd mixture for at least 15–20 mins to let rava absorb curd & water generously.
Once you put eno, put the omelette to cook immediately.
You can add veggies of your choice as desired.