Onion Tomato Uttapam
enjoy this soft & crispy uttapam at home for you next breakfast!
Ingredients (serving — 4 large uttapam)
- For uttapam — 500g dosa batter, 1 large chopped onion & tomato each, 2–3 finely chopped green chillies & coriander leaves (optional)
- For chutney — 5 tbsp fresh grated coconut, 1/3 inch ginger, 4–5 garlic cloves, 2 green chillies, 1/2 tsp sugar and salt to taste.
- Take the dosa batter & combine with little water & salt.
- Add chopped onion, tomatoes, green chillies & mix well.
- Heat a pan on low flame & grease with some oil.
- Take a ladleful of batter & spread in a circular motion.
- Let the uttapam cook for 3–4 mins on low-medium flame on one side.
- Spread some oil over top & on sides before you flip for the other side.
- For chutney, take all the ingredients in a blender. Add around 3tbsp water & grind well. Your chutney is ready.
Enjoy with uttapam with sambar or chutney as desired.
If you like sambar with your uttapam, check out our Sambar with Roasted Idli post here for the sambar recipe — https://goodfoodtrials.medium.com/sambar-with-roasted-idli-29d16b9ae97b
You can either add coriander leaves or groundnut powder in your chutney before grinding for enhanced taste.
Message us if you would like to know how you can make your own Batter at home!